In a world that is always online and connected, it can be refreshing to take a break from technology and have an entirely free event from gadgets and gizmos. When planning your next event, it’s essential to consider how you can make it a success. One thing to maintain in mind is to avoid using technology whenever possible. Here are seven themes that are perfect for events that want to stay away from screens and gadgets! If you are scheduling an event and want to make it tech-free, here are seven great ideas to get you started.
Have a picnic in the park.
If you intend a picnic in the park, there are bizarre things you can do to make sure it’s enjoyable for everyone.
- First, try to find a spot away from the playground and place area rugs, so the kids can run around without disturbing other picnickers.
- Second, pack some simple games that don’t require technology, like frisbee or cards.
- Third, bring along some healthy snacks and drinks.
- And finally, don’t forget to pack insect repellent and sunscreen! With some planning, you can ensure your picnic is fun for all ages.
Go for a nature hike.
There’s something special about being in nature. Maybe it’s the fresh air, birds chirping, or feeling your feet on a dirt path. Whatever the case, spending time in nature can be a refreshing modification of speed from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life. If you enjoy adding a bit of personality to your next event, why not go for a hike? Nature hikes are a great way to exercise and enjoy the outdoors. Plus, they can be tailored to any fitness level. Whether you’re looking for an easy hike with stunning views or a challenging trek that gets your heart pumping, there’s sure to be a nature hike that’s perfect for you. Best of all, nature hikes are a great way to disconnect from technology and clear your head.
Visit a farmer’s market.
A farmer’s market is the perfect place to find fresh, local produce. You can also find unique items that you won’t find at your local grocery store. In addition, farmer’s markets are a significant way to support local farmers and businesses. A farmer’s market is an effective option if you’re looking for a technology-free event theme. You can set up a cubicle at a local market and sell products from your farm. You can also offer demonstration cooking classes or teach kids about where their food comes from. For a truly unique experience, host a “farm-to-table” dinner party and serve locally sourced food. Your guests will surely enjoy the fresh, seasonal flavors of the food, and you’ll be satisfied knowing that you support local farmers and businesses.
Hold a potluck dinner party.
Whether you’re looking to unplug from your electronic devices or celebrate a special occasion, a potluck dinner party is a perfect way to gather friends and family. As the name suggests, potluck parties are based on everyone bringing a dish to share. As the host, this saves you time and money and allows your guests to show off their culinary skills. If you’re planning a potluck dinner party, here are a few fun themes to get you started:
- Ask guests to bring a dish from their favorite country. You can furnish a list of countries to choose from or let guests pick whichever country they prefer. Once all the words are on the table, have everyone guesses which country each word is from.
- For this theme, focus on sourcing local ingredients for your dishes. This could mean visiting your local farmers market or Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Not only will this ensure that your food is fresh and delicious, but it also supports sustainable agriculture practices.
- There’s nothing better than comfort food when looking for a cozy night with friends. Whether it’s mac and cheese, chicken pot pie, or spaghetti and meatballs, ask each guest to bring their favorite comfort food dish to share.
- Planning a potluck dinner party with kids? Keep things simple by asking guests to bring finger foods that can be easily eaten without utensils. Think fruit skewers, veggie sticks, mini quiches, and mini pizzas. And don’t forget about dessert! Chocolate chip cookies or cupcakes are always a hit with kids (and adults!).
Play old-fashioned lawn games.
Old-fashioned lawn games are the perfect way to add competition and fun to your next outdoor gathering; jute rugs over the grass, divide your guests into teams, and get ready to play! People of all ages and skill levels can enjoy games like horseshoes, bocce ball, and croquet. Best of all, they don’t require expensive equipment or complicated rules. If you’re scrutinizing for a way to add nostalgic fun to your next event, consider playing some old-fashioned lawn games. You will need to think about safety at these kinds of events, so if you have a pool in your yard, make sure that it is appropriately covered and that you have a fence up. It may be a good idea to go that little bit of an extra mile and have a pool barrier compliance melbourne professional come and take a look at it, or speak to a company in your local area. People might be drinking, so ensuring that they will be safe when they are with you is very important.
Take a trip to the beach.
For many of us, the beach is the ultimate relaxation destination. The sound of the ripples, the feel of the sand, and the smell of salt water can work wonders for our stress levels. However, the beach can also be a great place to escape technology. Many of us are so plugged in that we never really disconnect from our electronic devices. As a result, we can miss essential interactions with the people around us. A beach trip can help us disconnect from our technology and reconnect with nature. In addition, it can also be an excellent opportunity to disburse time with family and friends. By disconnecting from our devices, we can focus on the people and experiences that truly matter.
Stargaze in your backyard
The night sky has always been a source of wonder, and there’s no need to travel to a dark site to get a good view of the stars. With little planning, you can establish a backyard stargazing party that everyone will enjoy. Start by accomplishing some research to find out when the best time for stargazing will be. Then, clear a space in your yard and set up comfortable chairs or blankets. Bring binoculars or a telescope if you have one, and don’t forget snacks and drinks! Once everyone is settled, take some time to point out different constellations and planets. You may even want to tell stories about the myths and legends associated with the stars.
If you’re looking for a technology-free theme for your next event, why not consider stargazing? Everyone will love exploring the night sky in a peaceful and calming way. Plus, you don’t need any expensive equipment or gadgets to get started. RugKnots also offers a collection of beautiful rugs to make your outdoor stargazing event more comfortable and enjoyable. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your rug and get ready to explore the night sky. Thanks for reading! We hope you enjoyed this guide to technology-free themes for your next event. Whether you choose the perfect stargazing theme or something else, we’re sure it will make your gathering memorable and unique.
Good luck with planning your event!